Finance and Grants

CAO: The Central Applications Office processes the applications for undergraduate courses.

Go to for latest updates.

SUSI The Student Universal Support Ireland: funding eligible students in full-time third-level education.

Go to for latest updates.

DARE: Disability Access Route to Education enables third level admission for school leavers, whose disability negatively impacted their second level education, by offering reduced points places.

Results Outcome and Application open for Review or Appeal: Late June

Application closed for a Review or Appeal: End of June/ Early July

HEAR: Higher Education Access Route is a scheme for school leavers from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds that offers places on reduced points and extra college support.

Results of Application open for Review or Appeal: Opens Late June Closes End June/Early July

1916 Bursary Fund: for students from under-represented sections of society in higher education in participating colleges or universities. Application deadline varies based on college.

Back to Education Allowance: for students that are unemployed, parenting alone, or have a disability that receive certain payments from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection that want to take part in a second-or third-level education course.

Application: Apply when you are accepted to a course and within 30 days of the course starting

Student Assistance Fund: for full-time or part-time students that are experiencing financial difficulties while attending college. Contact the access or student service office in your college for more information. This fund can be applied for during each semester.

Fund for Students with Disabilities: to ensure students with disabilities have the necessary assistance and equipment to allow them to fully participate and successfully complete their chosen course of study.

Application Opens: Apply with access office in your college as soon as possible For further Information on these supports, please contact your college access office or the Cranmore Education Mentor.